Read "Animated Documentaries, aesthetics, politics and viewer engagement" by Nea Ehrlich.
Page 252, "Ranciere asserts that in order to destabilize existing systems of control, those who are denied visibility and political presence must be reinserted and "seen".
Page 253, leaving in audio distress/mistakes helps authentication. "diminish sense of animations constructed perfections".
Page 255, Ann Marie Fleming films "I was a child of Holocaust Survivors".
Page 256, minorities being depicted by others is discussed.
Page 257, "by emphasizing mediation, animated docs acknowledge the viewers centrality".
Page 259-260, argument for animated documentary video game is made but is less convincing than the animated doc. I felt she was cherry picking the meaning of various aspects of it to make the argument such as mentioning "familiarity with animation from childhood" as a positive but leaving out the negative.
Page 252, "Ranciere asserts that in order to destabilize existing systems of control, those who are denied visibility and political presence must be reinserted and "seen".
Page 253, leaving in audio distress/mistakes helps authentication. "diminish sense of animations constructed perfections".
Page 255, Ann Marie Fleming films "I was a child of Holocaust Survivors".
Page 256, minorities being depicted by others is discussed.
Page 257, "by emphasizing mediation, animated docs acknowledge the viewers centrality".
Page 259-260, argument for animated documentary video game is made but is less convincing than the animated doc. I felt she was cherry picking the meaning of various aspects of it to make the argument such as mentioning "familiarity with animation from childhood" as a positive but leaving out the negative.
No comments:
Post a Comment